Why you should stop studying in bed and move to a studying area
Dangers of studying whilst in bed.
You will have read the heading and straight away thought of reasons of why there is nothing dangerous about sleeping whilst you are in bed. Believe it or not there are quite a few.
- Whilst you are studying on your bed you run the danger of having to clean your bedsheets again because they are covered in ink from your pen when you weren’t paying attention and missed your paper.
- A bad back Is also a danger when you are going for a long study session in your bed, and we all know a bad back is something we would all rather avoid when it is time to focus on studying.
- Your bed should be a place to relax and recharge. If it’s doubling as your study zone you might find it harder to settle in for a good night’s sleep. This is because your body will not know if it is time for you to relax ready to sleep or if it is time for you to open your books.
Now you know why it is a bad idea to study in your bed. I will give you some tips for when it comes to setting up a new area for you to put those hours of work in!
- Find a suitable desk, this should be big enough to fit all your study equipment. This could be your kitchen table for example. It is important to make sure the table only contains your study equipment, but a drink is also acceptable when it comes to hours of studying
- Find a comfortable and supportive chair. This is one of the most important things when it comes to your study area. Having a comfortable chair helps you sit comfortably, and you will not have to worry about having a bad back. Having a bad back can really throw you off your game so it is particularly important you find a supportive chair which will not leave you feeling 30 years older
- Having your study place is very important but, on some occasions, you may have to stay away from home. This is not a problem, just pack all your study equipment and take it with you!! Find a comfortable spot in their house and you can get back to achieving your grades
Now you know why you should stop studying in bed and move to a studying area. All you need to do now is find a suitable study area and you are ready to improve your study time